Saturday, December 1, 2012

Holiday Sale to Raise Funds for Mid Toronto Services

Here we are. It's 2012. The holidays are upon us. What do you buy the person who has everything? What do you buy someone who has some things, but wants more? How about some art.



Ella and Marilyn $195
Currently available at Mojo Music




Standing Twirly - $50
brushed steel wire with suction cup base available by mail



Sweet Moment - on sale at a discount for $300
at Art in the Village

More Art Here

I will be having a sale on the first, second and third Thursday, Saturday and Sunday of December to raise funds for Mid Toronto Community Services. This charity supports the elderly. I volunteer at their annual fundraiser every year by painting live and have completed a graphic novel called, A Soulful Seniors Moment to raise funds for the Mid Toronto. I am currently seeking a publisher and will donate portions of the book soon.

1st, 2nd and 3rd weeks of December
Thursday December 6, 13, 20  |   3 - 6 pm
Saturday 8, 15, 21  |   12 - 6 pm
Sunday 9, 16, 22  |  12 - 6 pm

Send an email to simone4king@gmail.com. If you don't get a reply, you can contact me at my alter ego, simone4queen@yahoo.ca or call 416 854 2047 for more information, directions and/or to arrange for a private viewing. Home made baked goods will be served.

One day I was walking around down in the dumps. I kept asking people why art was important. I was given many answers. The one that stuck with me was told to me by a complete stranger. She said, 'Art is important because we need beautiful things.'


Ongoing Projects:

No More Kissing Frogs - A Toronto based novel about online dating now in the hands of Second Story Press. Let's hope they publish it.

Morphine Dreams - Creative non-fiction about my near death experience and healing.

The Space of Love - written in 2001 and is yet to be published.

Granny Do You Think Love Lasts - began writing it in 2001 and have yet to finish the edit.

A Tribute to Whitney Houston - upcoming at Mojo Music

Drake and Snoop Dog commissions for a client

Movie stardom. 

Still aiming for an exhibition at the Guggenheim and in various galleries around the world.

What happens when we lose our way?  I wish I knew. 

I suggest simple things like baking, knitting, journal entries, and sculpting can really help with the depression that can sometimes be an issue during the holidays.

Lately for me, it's film. Here are a few of my favourite ones for that aren't completely 
Disney and aren't so much about Christmas as they are about the spirit of it. They make you think and cheer you up.

I spent yesterday with family. We watched The Mirror Has Two Faces featuring Barbra Streisand. She is one of my favourites! In this film, she meets a man who wants to get married but does not want to have sex because for him, it becomes too emotional. He says that it gets too confusing and that he loses control of his life. I won't give it all away. But for those of you who are looking for some feel good movies that pull at your heart strings, here are a few:

Reign Over Me
The Adjustment Bureau
Cairo Time
Moonstruck

Tis, the season to be jolly, so I won't bore you with my troubles. But I am in pretty good health these days and wish the same for you!


Peace, love and chocolate!


Simone
I really hope to see you. Please invite people you love who love art.
And buy, buy, buy.

Part of the proceeds will go to Mid Toronto Community Services.


simonefrank.com


No comments:

Post a Comment