Monday, April 22, 2013

Espressos on the house...


Above is a sample of the coffee print available with a donation of $50-99.00. Thank you to those who have already contributed at that level. There is always a way.

Thanks to your generosity, $750 has been raised so far. There is still an opportunity to donate and to receive gifts such as these in the mail.

Thank you so much for your contributions. Fundraising is still in effect.


Strum, was purchased the other day, from the music instruction hallway of Mojo Music.

Visit the store to check out the new Jimi Hendrix painting, 'Go Jimi,' hanging on the wall of the lounge. Pete and his staff make a mean espresso for folks who are interested.


I am in the process of creating a new video for Indiegogo. Thanks for all the feedback. I’ll start with the spiritual feedback first:

‘You have shown us your darkness, now show us your light.’ JW

Other comments were:
‘I liked it. It was very well done.’ SS
‘Bravo, Simone.’ MH
‘A lot of people are going through things right now. Let’s shift it a bit.’ MC
‘Nobody is going to pay for your niece to fly to China.’ TE
‘Revamp it with less concentration on what’s negative and more on what you hope to achieve by this travel experience.’ D
‘You should seek sponsorship by those who are in a position to pay back. Create a page dedicated to sponsorship.’ D
‘After having read [The Self Defense] page on your website, I have a new respect for your work. That you are able to put all of that aside, and carry on.]’ K
‘I will support you in your efforts to travel to China.’ BH

I had an interesting encounter the other day. I was browsing through Paul’s Ontario Furniture on 4747 Keele Street. This store has great modern and classic pieces of furniture at great prices. I fell in love with two chairs: one a French provincial chair, the other a Modern chair by Vogel. Vogel is a Montreal based furniture designer that went under, sadly. The upswing is that the prices are low on what remains.

I joked with Guiseppe, the man working there, a sofa bed he showed me would not fit through my door. He told me not to worry. He said that his company would take care of everything.

“So you’ll take the frame off the door if necessary?”
“Yes.”
“And you’ll put the door frames back on?”
“Yes, yes,” he said as if tired of the questions that he had been frequently asked. “We will do all of that.”
“And will you move the chair to my new place when I am ready to go?”
“Sure.” Then he paused, as if he hadn’t meant to agree.
I nudged him. He looked over at me. I smiled and said, “I’ll make you an espresso if you do, and serve you key lime pie.”
“You make espresso! Beautiful. I will make you one now.”

This is what I love about Toronto. No matter how freezing it gets, you can always find warmth here.

Guiseppe walked slowly into a kitchen in the back of the store. I told him that I was about to go to Tim Horton’s for a coffee.

‘No. Don’t go there,' he said. 'When you want a coffee. You come here.’
I smiled.

We sat down in the lounge Guiseppe made in his store, in front of his old stereo, in a comfy a chair he may or may not sell. We talked about life, health, retirement, and premarital sex. He apologized for expressing his opinion when he realized I wasn’t married. Guiseppe, what can I say??

Guiseppe could be retired by now, but he chose to work, like a lot people have to once they examine their finances and the management of their time.

He promised to set me up with a really great guy. I give him my list: attractive (should have said, gorgeous), intelligent, funny…

He cut me off. “I know. I know,” he said. “I’ll find you a nice guy.”

Guiseppe, I have written you name in code here, to respect your privacy, but I certainly wish you all the best in your business and encourage those looking for a great deal on great furniture to visit:


They're closing. So best to get there quickly!

 
Ciao4now!

Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment