Saturday, May 25, 2013

Everybody Loves the Sunshine!


"So far, there is no law against dreaming." Winnie Mandella

On my travels along College Street West yesterday, I was able to drop into some great stores.

One store that is new to me is called, Playful Grounds. This dining establishment is kid friendly, provides workshops for gardening and yoga, for example and best of all has free Jazz on Fridays. When I asked the lovely owner, if I could put up a poster promotion the upcoming fundraisers:

Wednesday May 29th, 2013 from 1 to 3pm.
393 Spadina Avenue,
Toronto, ON, Canada 
(located 2 blocks N of Dundas) http://www.xamyu.com/contactUs.php

Please buy your tickets while they last or RSVP if you intend to pay by cash.

And

There Is Always A Way Silent Auction
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/390986
Model Citizen in Kensington Market
Thursday May 30th, 2013
from 6-9pm
for silent auction of items donated by local establishments:

Possible sponsors are:
Motoretta – hopefully they’ll throw in a Vespa
Lily of the Valley – a great place to get a brazillian
Riveira Bakery – I’m hoping for a platter of canolis – Yum, yum!
Soundscapes – a music store plus which carries lots of cds by Toronto musicians
Bar Italia – a great place to dine and hear great music and djs
Utopia – one of my favourite places to get a burger and fries
Red Pegasus – a million years ago, they carried a line of my books with covers painted in coffee
Playful Grounds – filled with Mom’s with young kids
Organic Metal Gallery – a place I hope to get a group of pals together to learn to make silver jewelry
Sneaky Dees – where I spent many a weekend dancing to my ‘suburbian’ pal’s band and eating nachos
Genesis One – a great place to buy natural hair and skin products and calypso

These two paintings will be on exhibition
at Model Citizen on Thursday May 30th.
Realize - 2008
Remembrance - 2008
Visit this facebook event page to view other works for sale:
https://www.facebook.com/events/395278290587229/

If there is a work of art that you have seen online and would like me to bring to the silent auction, please let me know and I will bring it to Kensington Market.

The lovely owner of Playful Grounds kindly offered the use of her establishment as a venue in which to throw an event. Woo hoo! Best of all, I found out that she throws a free event on Friday’s where there is live with jazz artists performing.

I suggest you check it out!

Look forward to a weekend event during June or July at Playful Grounds on College near Grace.

I hope you take advantage of the sunshine!!!




To support me in my effort to exhibit Self Defense in China,

please click on the link below:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/simone-frank-ten-survivor-lives-with-lupus-there-is-always-a-way


Cheerio,


No comments:

Post a Comment