Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Good Clean Fundraisers

As promised, I have scheduled a couple of great events downtown in Spadina and Kensington Market area.

Look forward to dining at one of my favourite restaurants, Xam Yu. It is located on Spadina just North of Dundas. The food is superb. The service is amazing. The staff is pleasant and patient.



Jimmy, the manager of Xam Yu, (whom I will probably buy a house from some day), kindly agreed to support my efforts to exhibit my works of art in China. 

This fundraising event is called, Hump Day Lunch

For $30 a plate, you can eat the most scrumptious Chinese food ever.
Jimmy is open to suggestions regarding the menu. You can post a comment on  http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/390917.

I invite you to taste some of my favourite dishes:

General Tao’s Chicken,
Cantonese Chow Mein
and Steamed Snow Pea Leaves.

Jimmy suggested a lovely mushroom and tofu dish and… lobster.

Anyone who knows me well knows that as soon as my companion says they’re paying, my automatic response is, “I’ll have the lobster.”

At this event, you are encouraged to sit beside a total stranger and eat from the delicious food placed in its centre. Mix and mingle.

Wednesday May 29th, 2013
1 to 3pm,
393 Spadina Avenue,
Toronto, ON, Canada 
Purchase your tickets online at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/390917
Or pay at the door.
It’s good, clean, family friendly fun.
I look forward to seeing you there.

A portion of sales will support me in my effort to exhibit my works of art in China and to complete other projects on the go.


Julian at Model Citizen has been kind enough to host: 
There Is Always A Way Silent Auction.

You are invited to bid on items donated by local Toronto business. Please contact me if you’d like to donate an item for silent auction.

Join me at:
and silent auction of items donated by local establishments.
RSVP by clicking the link below:
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/390986

You can RSVP by clicking the link below and also leave a comment about  Model Citizen's silk screening courses. Julian has a great work area set up in the back of his store where he teaches people to silk screen. Consider registering for a class.

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/390986


Sales from this event will support me in my efforts to exhibit my works of art in China. If I'm unable to do so, the monies will go to other projects. The exhibition in China is being curated by Shanghai Yude Exhibition Company Ltd. It is not too late for me to participate, although I missed a television interview. 

There is still time for me to ship my work to China and to possibly travel there. The exhibition ends on July 10th, 2013. I missed a television interview, but expect to be able to make up for lost time. There is always a way.

Purchase works of art that some of my clients asked me to exhibit in Toronto:

(View images from this collection at http://www.simonefrank.com/)

Sweet Ella 11"x14" - $215 
Trippy Solo - 11.71" x15" - $195 
Boogie On 8"x10" - $115



is located in Kensington Market
on Augusta Avenue just South of College Street West on the East side of the street

There is Always A Way Silent Auction
Model Citizen
(416) 703-7625


Great news! An exhibition is scheduled at B.A.N.D Art gallery in Toronto
Black Artists’ Networks Dialogue
in their new location:

Don’t worry B.A.N.D staff, if the work sells out at Model Citizen, I will paint more.  Picture a bit of Nina Simone on your walls, for instance.

A Tribute to Black Musicians
September 20th to October 27th
Opening Reception Friday September 20th 
Art lounge Friday October 25th
"Artist Talk and Art lounge Friday October 25th"






Please continue to share and like the link below.

Remember to support your local creative types.
Use your powers for good and not evil.

What else? What else?
Oh. Eat yer greens!


 Now, I know Kermit the frog sang this one pretty well, but I prefer Ray.







             

No comments:

Post a Comment