Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Free event with Mini Concert at de Mello Palheta on Saturday

FREE Mini Concert on Saturday at 5pm!
de Mello Palheta Roastery and Café
2489 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON, M4P 2H6
http://www.hellodemello.com/
The music begins at 5pm.

You can also view works from the exhibition, Exploring Emotion.
Here's a sneak preview of one of the yellow wire guys below:

Shock - 2013


Exhibiting art in cafés can be fun, although I’d much prefer the Guggenheim but alas, I am not there yet.

A great newish pal of mine, sends me links to articles about health, wealth and sustainability.  I was soooo happy to get this bit of information:

6. Coffee
Thine eyes do not deceive (even if you are in the midst of a sugar crash). Coffee is good for your brain. Did you know coffee actually contains fiber? That's going to help your cardiovascular system. Coffee also exerts some noted benefit to your brain in addition to providing you with a detectable energy boost.

The trick is not to have more than a few cups. But you can safely enjoy 2-4 cups daily – we are talking about supercharging here. Just please don't go ruining a good thing by loading it up with sugar! Espresso beans are actually a phenomenally healthy snack, by the way.


As an avid coffee drinker who is trying unsuccessfully to switch to various types of teas, the information above was very well received.

One of my favourite films in times of woe is:


Especially for the content regarding the coffee that Jack Nicolson’s character drinks. I’ll spoil it for you, if you haven’t seen it yet, because I am notorious for doing that.

Jack Nicolson’s character finds out shortly before he dies that the special flavour of the coffee he loves is a result of it being peed on by meercats. I’ll have to see it again. Makes me smile. It’s a great film for people who are becoming exhausted with the responsibilities they carry even though they are ill, but it’s not a Disney film. So if you’re extremely sensitive and vulnerable… let’s just say I warned you. There are very graphic scenes of illness.

Can you tell that I haven’t been to a new film in a while?

Okay, listen Ladies, and Gents, here’s the thing. I have been told for ages that I am more like a man in my ‘ways’. My lady pals have told me to allow men time to go to their ‘cave’ when they need to. But I have a cave too. Why does it seem that whenever I am completed at my wits end, broke, depressed, generally annoyed, that I finally get asked out. No subway tokens. No cab fare…

That’s when Prince Charming often appears. Back in the day, my girls would lend me money so that I could accept the date. Girl power, rules!

One of my students told me. ‘Miss,’ he said. (Although I insisted he call me, Simone). ‘Miss,’ he said again. ‘There are plenty of fish in the sea.’

Please remember to visit de Mello Palheta Roastery andSpecialty Coffee for a bite to eat. Great desserts! Lovely staff!

And this Saturday, there’s a mini concert that begins at 5pm.
It’s FREE.

I’m still looking forward to exhibiting at The Artist Project. Let’s hope that works out!

You may be wondering what happened with BAND. Let’s just say, I read part of Getting to Yes, when perhaps I should have been reading Getting Together.

Life goes, on. Still making art. Still writing. Still thinking of a master plan.

You can support me by sharing this link or by making a donation.
Thanks in advance!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-artist-project



Cheers,

Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment