Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Like Mohammed Ali - Keep on Keepin' On!



Like Mohammed Ali - 2007 - $230


It’s getting closer to Christmas and the Holiday Season so I know you’ve all been wondering.  

‘What can I get, Simone?’

Don’t worry too much. I’ve found the perfect gift.
 
When I was little I wanted to be just like Mohammed Ali. I’m fairly happy that my father discouraged me from doing so. He wouldn’t let me take boxing lessons so that I could knock several people out on my way to the Olympics. As a result, I have most of my teeth and have never broken a bone. So, thanks, Dad. I guess. Last week that thrill returned as I walked by this gorgeous image of Mohammed Ali. 


In the window of Nicola Rukaj Gallery 
located at 384 Eglinton Street West 
is this gorgeous image of the great
Mohammed Ali rendered in diamond dust.

I look forward to learning how to use this medium. 
Guess how much it is? 
Unlike the $230 rendering of a young, black woman
throwing a punch. It sells for $24, 000.
Too much for your pocket book? Very sad. 
I think it’s worth it!

I know you’ve been wondering what I have to say about our Mayor. Having told you in a previous blog that the last time I created a piece of art around a Toronto Mayor, I had to leave town, I’ve decided to be silent about this one because I really like my apartment and the area I live in. Let’s just say, I’m avoiding skype visits with my International pals.

The Fall Fine Arts Show and Sale at St. Bernard’s Parish was a great event. The band was amazing, the wine was flowing and art lovers crowded the floor buying affordable original pieces of art. The show stopper at my table was my illustrated literature. Look forward to an exhibit of these works of art in February at the Second Cup on Yonge Street between Lawrence and Eglinton. I’ll remind you! The wire faces for sale at de Mello Palheta were also well received.
I told one client that I left all the angry and sad art at home. She agreed that was a good idea!

Great gift ideas remain: works of art by Simone Frank available at:


This is the song I love the most this week. 
At this time of year I like to spend time relaxing to mid tempo tunes like this one.

Keep on keepin’ on!

I happened upon this Donnie McClurkin video when looking up Sade. I dedicate to those of you who are stumbling towards greatness. Once again, 'Keep on keepin' on!'


Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment