Monday, September 29, 2014

Dream - Jimmy Scott, Ella Fitzgerald and Stevie Wonder



I'm listening to the Dream album by Jimmy Scott. I remember when I first heard him and was convinced he was a woman. I really like to listen to the nuances in his voice. His voice is exceptionally unique and very blues-y.

So, I'm sitting here listening to Jimmy, if I may call him that, as I ready myself for an art installation at: 

Rainbows Cinemas
80 Front St E, Toronto, ON M5E 1T4

The show runs from October 1st to October 30th. All works are for sale. And will include:

Finally installed in Toronto. They were first on exhibit at: 

Mojo Music in Oakville. 

A Tribute to Whitney Houston currently hangs there. If you're in the area, swing buy and get yourself a guitar and a painting.

At Rainbow Cinemas I will be exhibiting selected works from A Tribute to Ella Fitzgerald and A Tribute to Stevie Wonder:


It's the perfect day. You can see a film, see and art installation and buy some fresh produce at St. Lawrence Market which is across the street.

I'll write about this some more later.

ciao4now!


Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment