Thursday, November 13, 2014

Artist Talk and Reception - Friday November 21, 2014 - 5-8pm - T buds, Toronto

Listen To Your Heart - 2014 - $400


Join me at T buds for the
Love As I've Seen It - Artist Talk and Reception
also known as: No More Kissing Frogs
5-8pm

Artist Talk at 7pm

3343 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4N 2M4(647) 352-3624(at the corner of Yonge and Snowdon, North of Lawrence)

Works on exhibit for the month of November, 2014

Easily accessible by TTC.
Sadly no wheelchair access. Access by stairs to the second floor venue.
Take the subway to Lawrence station on the Yonge line. Walk North to Lawrence and Snowdon.
(about a ten minute walk)

Or take the Yonge bus 97 or 97a from Davisville, 
Get off at Glenforest Road and walk North one block to Snowdon.
Click here for a google map.

Yesterday, I had a wonderful time at T buds with a dear friend. 
The environment is warm and comfortable. 
The staff, exceptional.

When we sat, we were presented a menu of teas.
T buds offers a wide variety of teas. 
They even sell for teas with healing properties, for colds, antioxidants, life changes.
I was impressed as I have a great interest in the healing properites of herbs.

I spoke to the owner about my art exhibition. He was very interested in the materials used.
He told me that he used scratchboard in school. It's on of my favourite mediums. 
Ink is also used in some pieces.

I told him about the book I'm working on, No More Kissing Frogs
It's about online dating.
He laughed at the title.
He said that it clearly explains the nature of the exhibition. 
I have to agree.
So I won't be offended if you refer to this show as No More Kissing Frogs. 
We talked about fairy tales in which the princess ends up with a being that is not her ideal.
We discussed Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella. He summarized my exhibition in one sentence.

Why pursue something you don't really want?


The Wish - 2014 - $400


That is the question of the ages, but we all do it. I think, because it seems easier.
But I also know that what one loses out on is significant when we settle.




Let's talk more about that on Friday.

These works are perfect for a waiting room. 
Your clients can read the short story as they wait for their appointment.

These works are perfect for the home.
They will remind you to love in a positive direction.

They make a great gift.
Give the story that speaks to you to someone you love as a statement of your affections.

The works on display are original pieces of art, framed and matted just for you!
Prints can be ordered here: 
http://www.artmajeur.com/en/artist/simonefrank/collection/love-as-i-ve-seen-it/1558855

I wish you the best day that you have ever had in your life!
And I look forward to having tea with you at T buds on Friday the 21st of November.

Stay beautiful!

Simone



No comments:

Post a Comment